Wednesday, March 7, 2012

education without grades!

for my field work this semester i am in  a ceramics based art room. the school that i'm in seems like a wonderful district and i get along great with my cooperating teacher, but i know absolutely nothing about ceramics. i wonder why we choose a concentration for a major in art education. i feel like we're (prospective art educators) missing out on other possibly important information regarding process in art making with different mediums. Seeing some of the work that students have done in the ceramics class has inspired me to learn more about it. I think it is important to be a well rounded and adaptable. I do not want to take any more classes through SUNY (for money and stems related reasons), but i want to continue my education of art. I was happy to discover an affordable public work space for women artists (strange gender isolation) so close to where i'm living. Getting involved with other artists from your own community gives you insight into what students may want to learn about or create.


No comments:

Post a Comment